Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Let's Talk About the Script

I want my script to be poem-like; Very metaphorical but simple in its syntax. I was inspired by Rupi Kaur. The language of her poems is so simple but she says so much at the same time!



When researching I found this really cool writer called R.H Sin. He actually wrote a poetry book on the stages of loss (I swear it's pure coincidence, I didn't copy him lol). I'll just leave a couple poems so you have an idea of the style I want to achieve: 




This film is really personal to me, and I want to keep it this way, which is why I'm using the things I wrote when I was going through a similar situation as my script. I don't think I've mentioned this before but I love to write. Thank God I kept all of it because everything that I felt finally works for something. What you'll be able to hear are real thoughts of a real person. It doesn't get ay more real than this. 
Now, I write in Spanish so it's been taking me quite a while to translate everything and making all of the ideas cohesive. One of my friends who is really good at writing will also take a look at it and review it so having the script done may take longer than I expected. I can tell you that I'm done with the first two scenes if that gives you kind of an update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here's my CCR. I gotta say that I HATE talking to the camera... I get super shy and nervous soI'm sorry that you have to sit through...