Sunday, April 8, 2018

Film Day Anecdotes

I just remembered that I haven't talked about about the "party" scene so I think I should explain some stuff. I knew I wanted to have a party scene in my denial phase because teenagers have the common misconception that drinking can take away the pain for just one night and end up doing stupid things, like calling the person, if it applies. I think that explains perfectly the irrational thinking one goes through when you're in denial of a situation. You think There must be something you can do, and end up loosing your pride in between.
The easiest thing to do would have been to fake a party at my house and invite friends over. My problem was that my neighborhood is super picky with people parking outside in the streets; The cars must be in you designated driveway. So if I'm going to "throw a party" people would obviously have to park somewhere. I asked my friends if they carpool but the logistic was getting to complicated. I didn't want to ask my friends to throw a random party for my film so I asked Albany to stay over at my house this weekend and we patiently waited for party to come up. We waited..... and waiter.... and waited. This day WESTON decides to be even MORE boring than it already is and ruin my plans, as  usual. I started freaking out until aI came up with this weird idea. I looked for +18 clubs near me and found one like an hour away. So I didn't think it too much and drove all the way there and when we got there the place was EMPTY. We took this to our advantage to film without getting interrupted and then we waited to people to get there. Who like 6 people showed up (lol) we got to the "crowd" and filmed closer shots to seem like there was a lot of poplin there. In one of the scene where she's drinking in the bathroom, we asked for a cup of water and filmed with that. It looks SO fake but can we pretend like it is something else? Ok thank you.
Overall, it was a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally weird night, definitely not my type of stuff, but you gotta do what you gotta do. At least I have some funny memories to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here's my CCR. I gotta say that I HATE talking to the camera... I get super shy and nervous soI'm sorry that you have to sit through...