Sunday, March 4, 2018

Color in Film




I think I’ve never been mire excited to sit on my computer and do homework. I find this topic o interesting so here we go! 
Color is almost its own character in films. It is used to infer certain emotions into you audience, perfect for my film :). The tonalities in the frame are also important because baby blue doesn’t represent the same as. navy blue. 
Here’s a quick guide of what each color means :

As a case study, I did my researh on Wes Anderson. During the summer I created a bucket list andI wrote down to watch all of Wes Anderson's movie in a week. Even thought I'm not a huge fan of how uncomfortable his films make me feel, I really appreciate all the work and detail he puts into the art direction. I want to use him as an inspiration for my mise-en-scene elements, however, he uses that humor in his films that I will not. For example, in Moonrise Kingdom Anderson uses yellow tones and yellow props to reflect the immaturity and immaturity of the two characters:
Here's more examples on how he implements the color not only in the undertone of the frame but the mise-en-scene elements:









No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here's my CCR. I gotta say that I HATE talking to the camera... I get super shy and nervous soI'm sorry that you have to sit through...