Thursday, March 8, 2018

7 stages of grieving loss

Now, getting a little more personal, I went though a bad breakup last year. It may seem like a minor problem to many people, and I'm thankful that I haven't suffered like others have, but it was a time where I felt lost too.  Even though I do know how it feels and experienced it myself, I wanted to do my research on the specific stages and found out there are 7 of them. I don't know if I want to do all 7 stages because it's going to be too much  so I found a website that were only 5, maybe the most common:

1) Denial: When the breakup is so recent that your brain hasn't processed it yet so you're able to mourn
2) Desperation: Once you understand that whatever you lost is really gone, you start to have what could be called "abstinence syndrome". You start thinking irrationally an doing hings you wouldn't normally do.
3) Depression: Here's when you see there's nothing you can do and that there's nothing that you can do or say to change time. Not only because it won't come back but because it would not be the same anyways. Here's when you mourn peacefully. 
4) Acceptance: You're fine with your loss and you understand that pain is supposed to teach you how to grow and get through similar situations. You start moving on. It still hurts, but you start to move on. 
5) Restart: You're moved on and ready to continue with your life better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here's my CCR. I gotta say that I HATE talking to the camera... I get super shy and nervous soI'm sorry that you have to sit through...